SOUTHEASTERN HUNTING CLUB
1. CLUB MEMBERSHIP – Continued membership in the Southeastern Hunting Club for the forthcoming season is by invitation only. Significant dates involving SEHC membership are as follows:
· March 12th – Deposit due to hold membership for upcoming year.
· May 1st – All membership dues and fees must be paid for upcoming year.
· May 31st – Previous year’s memberships expire. All personal property of any kind including campers, tree stands, etc., must be removed from the club.
2. WHO CAN HUNT UNDER A MEMBERSHIP
· Permitted to Hunt - Members, their spouses, children and grandchildren who are still in high school or a full time college student (22 years old and under) and guests. Parents 70 years or older may hunt with a member free of charge.
· Children Age 12 and Under – Must hunt with adult supervision and in sight.
· Children 13 to 15 - Must have passed the Alabama Hunters Education Course, have a copy of their certificate on file with SEHC, and have parent’s permission in order to hunt alone.
· Number and Cost - Members are allowed three (3) guests per year at a cost of $40 per guest whether it is a full day or half day.
· Payment of Guest Fees - The guest fee can be paid to any Board member or mailed to the club president within seven (7) days after the hunting date or the fee shall be raised to $50.00 upon the necessity of billing.
· Guests Not Allowed - Not allowed to hunt the first 9 days of opening deer gun season or in the month of January.
· Guests for Turkey Season – No limit on # of guests for turkey season. Turkey season guests do not apply against deer season guest. Turkey season guest fee is $40 per day.
· Tags - Each member will be issued two (2) tags to be used for the tag board to show their location while hunting and both tags will have the same assigned number. The guest tag should be used for the other immediate family members and guests.
· Tagging - Each member is responsible for tagging himself, family member or guest on the map located in the pin-in house before hunting, scouting, installing stands, etc. and removing it at the end of each hunt. DO NOT ENTER OR DEPART THE PROPERTY WITHOUT TAGGING-IN AND OUT DURING DEER OR TURKEY HUNTING SEASON.
· Tag-in Time – No tagging in before 4:30 a.m.
5. TURKEY SEASON
· Tag-in – Each member is responsible for tagging himself, family member or guest on the map located in the pin-in house before turkey hunting.
· Jakes - No jakes will be harvested, only gobblers. There shall be a $100.00 fine for harvesting a jake.
· Fall Turkey Season - There is NO fall turkey season at the club.
6. PERMITTED DEER HARVEST
- Doe – Ten (10) doe will be taken on the club (by gun and bow combined) only one (1) Doe per membership on a first come first served basis. The gun season doe shall only be taken during State Legal Doe Days. No killing of doe on or within close proximity to food plots (200 yards) in the month of January.
- Bucks – Each Membership can harvest a total of three (3) bucks. The first two (2) must be a minimum of 4 or more points on one side and the 3rd must be a minimum of 8 points (gun and bow combined). Members will be allowed to kill only one (1) 6-point buck as their first deer (only 1 per life of membership), and then they must go back to bucks with 4-points or more on one side. When a member harvests a buck, he/she must take a doe before harvesting another buck except during January.
- Guests - Are allowed to kill one (1) buck with a minimum of 8 points.
- Children Deer Harvest - Children harvesting doe shall be under adult supervision to insure safety and non-elimination of button bucks. Children 12 and under can harvest one 3-point buck as their first deer which will count toward the member’s two (2) bucks and only 1 per life of membership.
- Penalties (gun or bow) - Any fines or penalties incurred by any member shall be paid BEFORE the member or any member of his/her family hunts again following the incident that resulted in the fine or penalty. This rule will be strictly enforced and failure to pay fines or penalties will result in immediate termination of membership.
-Button Bucks - $200 fine
-Deer Less Than 75# -$200.00 fine
-Deer Less Than 7 Points - $100 per point fine. A point must be at least 1” in length.
- Deer Harvest – When a buck, doe or turkey has been killed it must be taken to the pin-in house. DO NOT leave the property before you have weighed the deer or turkey and filled out the proper information in the pin-in house. If the deer was harvested on the Choctaw property, it must be marked as such on the harvest record board and the jaw bone provided – THIS IS MANDATORY. Members shall provide pictures of deer or turkey taken on the club property and put them on the bulletin board in the pin-in house. These pictures will verify that the game meets harvest requirements.
7. CLUB GATES – Gate locks are re-keyed in June of each year and members will be notified and issued new keys via US Mail. Gates are to be kept locked at all times when entering and departing the club with the exception of the pin-in board gate. It can be left open if you are in the process of entering to pin-in or out and will immediately return to exit and lock the gate. Southeastern’s lock should be left on the bottom side of the gate. No one shall drive around gates with vehicles or ATV’s.
8. CLOSED ROADS - The following roads will be closed to ALL vehicle access during hunting season, including ATV’s, except when necessary to retrieve game in the area of the closed roads:
1. Road that goes by #7 & #7A
2. Quinsey Mountain Ridge Road
3. Clay Creek Road
4. Road that runs from Bobcat Road from access to #23 to 19 road
Please see the club wall map on which the closed roads are marked in red.
9. LITTERING – There shall be no littering on club property and the camping area should be kept clean. (It would be appreciated if you would pick up any litter seen.)
10. STANDS – Only portable non-tree damaging stands are permitted when tree stand hunting. No permanent stands are allowed.
11. PETS – Pets are allowed at the camping area only.
12. ALCOHOL OR DRUGS – Anyone hunting under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed from the club and their membership terminated immediately with no refund of dues.
13. WORKDAYS – Each member is required to work two (2) mandatory days and two (2) volunteer days per year. Failure to complete the required workdays will result in a fine of $100 for each workday missed in order to obtain the new pin-out tags. The Board members will set aside one workday in December for members to re-fertilize the food plots.
- Mandatory work days for planting of food
plots - September 30-October 1, 2017;
in the event of rain, make-up days will be October 7-8, 2017
- Re-fertilization of food plots will be December 9, 2017. In the event of rain, make up days will be December 16, 2017.
- Volunteer days will be on a call-as-needed basis
- Each member will be assigned a field for all required maintenance to be completed prior to September work days.
14. TRAVELING THROUGH CLUB PROPERTY – No road riding is allowed any time on Club Property. Travel is restricted to and from selected stands. Do not drive past parking markers to food plots unless you need to retrieve a harvested deer. NO driving on the food plots. No riding on club property at night with the exception of the permitted and established hog hunting season.
15. BAITING – Baiting deer or turkey by members with any food and/or mineral type supplements is prohibited. The Board reserves the right to implement a supplemental food and/or mineral program in accordance with state law.
16. BUILDINGS OR CAMPERS – Members must receive permission from the Board before constructing any building or placing any camper or material on club property. A clean-up fee will be charged for any materials, trash, etc. left on SEHC property.
17. EXPULSION – All persons, (members, family, guests, etc.) which hunt on club property shall abide by all Club Rules, State and Federal laws and the SEHC Code of Ethics and conditions of the Cahaba Forest Management, Inc. and Choctaw lease agreements. Payment of dues is the member’s agreement to abide by all the aforementioned Rules, laws and conditions and be personally responsible to ensure that any person hunting under the conditions of his/her membership abide by the same. Disregard of the aforementioned Rules, laws and/or conditions shall result in a fine and/or expulsion at the sole discretion of a simple majority of the Board of Directors. No paid dues will be refunded with expulsion from SEHC.
18. VIOLATION OF GAME LAWS – Any violation of game laws by any club member or other person will be immediately reported to the proper authorities.
19. FOOD PLOTS – Over the years, SEHC has strategically located food plots for the safety of its members and in the best locations for deer harvests; therefore, there will be NO privately planted food plots. In the event any member has a special food plot blend or seeds they would like to plant, they may choose a desired field from the ones mandated by SEHC, furnish the blend, and it will be planted during our September work days.
20. GAME CAMERAS - No game cameras are allowed on food plots or in close proximity (200 yards) to any food plot after planting (Fall Work Days) thru the end of deer season.
21. INDEMNIFICATION – By payment of membership dues, each member agrees to indemnify and save harmless the club’s Board of Directors, officers and its agents, representatives, successors and assigns from against all claims, demands, loss, damages, expenses, including without limitation attorney fees and costs, litigation, injuries, deaths and liabilities resulting from or in any way arising out of the member’s use of the property and rights provided by the lease. As a part of this indemnification, the member agrees, upon request of the Board of Directors, to assume, without expense to the Board and with counsel approved by the Board, the defense of any such claim, demand, action or cause of action.
SEHC 2017-2018 Rules 072217.doc